Sunday 21 January 2007

I love the rain!!!!

Isn't rain jsut the coolest thing in the whole wide world? I mean, weather in general is amazing, and i think it is in the weather that God's work is the clearest!! But weather like today's, is just mind-blowing.... This morning i was lying in bed, peering out a tiny gap of curtain, wondering why i could see blue skies when it's supposed to be really rainy today. But i got up, got dressed, sat in the sun for a while and read my book. Suddenly the sun went behind a cloud, and I looked up at the Mountain. There was this enormous grey cloud taking over the mountain, sweeping down. The temperature suddenly dropped, and I felt like I was in some kind of a horror movie when everything suddenly becomes colder as the menacing yeti steps into the picture. Went and changed into trousers, and watched as the skies turned grey, and the Bureau of Meteorology showed that the temperature that it feels like had dropped by 10°C in about 30 minutes. Then came the rain. It was pouring down - sounded and looked like hail, but it was just MASSIVE drops. Well, our house had a memory lapse, and forgot that rain's supposed to be on the outside and not the inside. Mum and i raced for towels and water waterfalled down the windows (on one it was on the outside, very pretty, on the other however it was on the inside)..... Silly blocked gutters...! Then the chimmney started peeing, but we didn't realised until there was a puddle on the floor... Crazy Crazy!!! Hobart got 30mm of rain in about an hour and a half....


Well we don't usually have a lake in our garden...!

I love the sound of the rain drumming on a tin roof, like the ones we have, and also on the alsanite roof of the house next door. Beautiful sound. Everytime it slowed, I would get tense, and think 'no, please, keep going and move up into the midlands!!!' But everything must come to an end, even beautiful things like soaking rain, and it did. We looked outside and under the house were a few lakes.... Mum got excited, grabbed the hoe and started to make channels...
Mum contemplates the puddle under the washing line.... (The photo doesn't want to go the proper way, so you'll just have to tilt the head!!)


I can't remember ever having lakes under our house before, Mum says she can remember it happening maybe twice before.....

But I just love the rain so much!!!!!! And it's still going, but easier now, and it's really really misty...... YAY!!!!!! RAIN!

Sorry, I'm just a bit excitable about it!

I got Ugg Boots a couple of days ago, which is fantastic - never had them before, so i keep on walking around the house in them thinking how lovely they are - two tone purple!!!

And I got bluetooth working between my computer and my phone which is very useful, and also got iSync working for my phone (iSync is a thing on macs that means you can have the same address book and calendar on your phone and computer). It's not supposed to support the Nokia 6233, but I found a useful thing on the apple discussion site on how to add an unsupported model in. I love people who work out that stuff and then tell people like me who can follow instructions but not work them out!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice for some... :P
    I just have no carpet... ;)
    It was rather magnificent though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Imo,
    I found out where the Austrian girl was from...she is from Innsbruck....yeah thats about all I know. LOL and yeah anyway Hope all is good! PARTY cause its CARNIVALE!!!! WWWooooooOOOOOO

    Ciao ciao
    Love Kat

    ReplyDelete