Tuesday 18 July 2006

I was actually a little bit angry before the start of the game. I thought our haka lacked a bit of intensity and spirit...

So says umpire of the New Zealand basektball team, on their loss last night to the Australian Boomers. I heard him say that on the news, and I hope he was not entirely serious - his tone of voice was ambiguous, but it's a rather funny thing to say...

Well uni's back, I'm looking forward to the next set of holidays already, although it is nice toe be spending time in the Ref sitting with people watching them play silly card game all the time again, while I do my odd German homework about a lady who has to shave her face..... (well you try and decipher the pictures!) I like that bit of uni - the bludging around in the Ref, practising group procrastination.....

Results, yeah, pretty good, I was happy, although I'm not sure they were really good enough for our Advanced Honours co-ordinator (AdHon is the weird thing I'm doing that means I got a good score at the end of school and they want to keep me in Arts as long as possible and make an arts degree look vaguely acceptable. What they don't know is that I'll probably end up doing ArtsLaw, so all their scheming is in vain - I can't do a combined degree and AdHon... Mwha mwha mwha). Apparently I must be 'pretty pleased' with my Law and German results, and my History and English results were 'pretty impressive' as well.... Personally I thought it was the other way around, but there you go.... The trick will be keeping that high praise coming after the next exams.....

Anyway. Life. Yeah. Good. It's there, I'm living, did my first aid course last week, so I'll know if I'm not.

But the main point of this was really just to say THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE THAN WORRY THAT YOUR TEAM'S HAKA IS NOT INTENSE AND SPIRITED ENOUGH........ And I can understand that it's all symbolic and stuff of power etc, but really, the anxiety in this guy's eyes when he said it (and he's American or Canadian, so it isn't a native thing for him anyway).......

No comments:

Post a Comment