Thursday 22 December 2005

Well my far spread friends (that sounds like a jam advertisment!)

I"ve now been back for exactly two weeks, and have heard the question "is it weird being back" more times that I can poke a stick at, and the answer is YES and NO! It's kinda weird because everyone's got experiences and jokes about things that I've missed, which is strange (and sometimes a little embarassing when I laugh for a different reason, and then everyone asks me why I'm laughing, and I have o explain, and it shows how my brain really doesn't work... but yeah...!) And no it's not so weird because it's back home, and hey, I'm a well travelled person with stories to tell my grandkids now! It is nice to know that some people are only happy to have me back for my massaging skills though... Hmmm Jono???

Ummm.... What have I done in my time so far! I have enrolled at uni, I am now an official Uni Student.... without any id, or proof.... But the lady at enrollment day told us that from that moment we were students, so there you go! She told me so! I'll be studying Arts Law, with English, History, Intro to Law and 2nd Year German (ohlala! Spiffy!) Erica and I have history and german together which will be nice! Today I handed in my HECs form, exciting stuff...

On Tuesday Bridget got back from her expeditions in Mexico and Jamaica (no Jamaican Rum consumed, but she can do that next time!) and America, she was rather daz-ed and confus-ed, but it's good to have her back! Imo K and I went out to meet her, which gave us a chance to explore the new airport stuff, looks all very shiny and spiffy, although all the toys are still made in China... But the lounge is cool.... We think it must be one of the very few airports left in the world, where anyone can go through to the departure lounge, not just those who are flying... And that's really nice! Although we know Hobart has a very quirks at the airport.... The baggage carousel for instance (although I reckon it's probably faster than the traditional ones, and far friendlier, with the sniffer dogs and all!)

Well I've had a pretty social life in the past weeks, although I'm sorry to those I've only seen at their works or anything, I promise we'll all have to do something in January, although after camps, so after the 16th for me....

Today I had dinner with a friend, her family and a friend of hers who I'd never met, but heard all about while I was away (and I think it was vice versa) which was fun, after that Erica, Hannes and I went and ate icecream, walked along Bellerive, stickybeaked Erica's Grandpa's old house and played Frisbee.... Then I raced off to my other engagement, a farewell party for Kate B, where I played massager (I'm not confident enough in my masseuse and masseur terms to use them!) and then came home again... Wow this is all getting exciting!

Ummm... Ahhhh.... My brother came home today, his first Christmas home for several years, which will be nice, but no sister this year, complications with the twins she's expecting. Please pray about that, one's not getting enough food and is much smaller, and we are waiting for an emergency caesarean any time in the next couple of weeks.... But it's nice that my brother is home, usually he's working with his church or something at some big Christmas lunch for the Melbournian homeless, I think... Something along those lines...

My brother being home meant we finally bought a Christmas tree, tradition in the family is that the children go tree hunting, and this year we've gotten a good one. Very bushy, not too bald in the middle (will put photos up for you Austrians!)... Lovely! Finally starting to feel like Christmas, although I think that being pulled in to be a sheep in the nativity play also helped!

Tomorrow is meant to be hot, so maybe I'll be organised and organise a beach trip, which would be nice, since I haven't been yet, since I've been back, it's always the hot days that I have other stuff to do! Like Wednesday, when it was about 36 degrees, and I had to go job searching.... Discovered people who work at youth hostels are very enthusiastic... Dunno if I've got the right enthusiasm levels to be able to get in there! Have to go back everywhere in the middle of January!

But really that's all... Sunday will be Christmas, go to church in the morning (I'm doing a reading, so have to go - usually just go to midnight mass on Saturday) then do the present thing, have lunch, talk the afternoon away, eat more in the evening (well I will at least, my family will probably be horrified if I say I'm still hungry!) then watch one of the inevitable DVDs (someone alwazs gets a movie of some sort, last year I got the original Italian Job, one of the best films ever I reckon!).... It's always hard to keep Christmas around the proper focus, there are so many distractions, but it's not impossible.

Well I think that's all.... Maybe more, maybe less next time, alhtough this time it took threats from AUstrians to write, so now I know that people are still reading this, even though I'm back! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment