Tuesday 17 January 2006

What a crazy hectic day!

Which started at 6:50 this morning, when I was woken up to the sound of the telephone ringing beside my ear! But let me back up a little!

I'm home from my two fantastic camps, which were both wonderful and a lot of fun and satisfying! I got home to an empty house, my parents being away at CMS Summer School this week, where mum's leading some course. This is lovely in itself - the first time my parents have trusted me to be at home overnight, and it's for a whole week!! Usually it's a thing of "we're not so happy about you being alone" but this time it was "you'll be right, won't you?"... Ahhh, the joys of going away for a while...

Anyway, got home last night, a little later than I'd intended, and went to bed with the phone beside me, in case I slept until 12 and someone rang! Someone did ring, but a little earlier than expected! It was the security complany of the people across the road, saying their alarm had gone off (they've had a few break ins, so the company rings us, and we go and scare off anyone!), could I see anything! I ran upstairs, looked out the window, couldn't see anything, hung up, went back to bed and sleep...

Next thing that woke me (very ironical) was the neighbours ringing saying sorry I was woken so early... This was 10ish, so good time for me to get up...

My morning prgressed smoothly, put on a load of washing, sent off email addresses from the first camp, then went to collect Napolean Dynamite from a friend (I've listened to people hyping on about it for the past two weeks, very hard for me to have never heard of it..... Strange as!). came home, started a new load of washing... Next thing i knew, was a kerthump sloosh sloosh sloosh, and one very wet laundry... The washing machine door had burst open and there was water gushing out! No idea why.... Vaulted onto the freezer, turned off washing machine, closed door, lay down towels and rang mum... Found out what i'd done was right, just leave all the doors and windows open so the floor would dry, and that there were holes, for that purpose, under the freezer, so no worries there! Then I was informed (and this is the exciting bit) that my sister is having the twins TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emergency caesaerean! Hoorsay!!! Hooray! I'm so excited!!! Apparently T2 (who was smaller and weaker, but then going lots better) hasn't done as well this week as hoped, and they decided it was a good time to get them into the real world!!! Then Erica rang me and we talked for a bit! Yay! Then I hand washed towels (never try to wring out a beach towel....) and talked to Granny etc etc

So now I"m off to cook dinner, for me and Em (both home alone this week, don't like cooking for one!) then round to Heth's to be excitable and meet their boarder, and all that jazz!

Hooroo! Still working on the photo posting thing, they've changed the system, so it's harder!! Meant to be easier, but really not!

No comments:

Post a Comment