Friday 27 January 2006

Named twins!

They both have names now, very cool names at that, which is good,but now we all have to get used to referring to them by real names, instead of T1 and T2... Susan is disappointed that they've been named, I think she was looking forward to a lifetime of making Terminator and Anie jokes.... Anyway, the twins, their names: Ashar and Rohan... And don't say it, I thought it too... Very Lord of the Rings, but I don't think that was the intention!! Apparently Ashar is the brother of someone in the Bible, but in my Tasmanian Road Rule swamped brain (I'm jsut about to go for my Ls again!) I can't remember! and Rohan is the Irish (I think) spelling of Rowan.... I think they're very good names though... Ash and Ro...!! No middle names, apparently Granny told my sister that middles names are very old fashioned, and whether this was supposed to be a deterrent or not, it's worked!

So that's my news for the week, nothing else much, had 3 different parties for Aussie Day yesterday, felt mildly chuffed that I'd guessed Gorillaz and Foo Fighters would be somewhere in the top ten of the Hottest 100, and managed to tan through the sunscreen, on my front at least (I think Bridget put it on my back too thickly for any form of rays to get through, atomic included.... That's ok, I'll be safe from sun induced cancer at least.... although sunscreen induced cancer is another matter!)

Stu and Elly's wedding is tomorrow, hooray! I've bought a dress for it (black, I know what everyone will say, but I reallydon't care!) and am looking forward to it! Is up in Launie, so we'll be going up tomorrow, coming back down on Sunday....

Then for you in Austria, enjoying that snow.... Last Sunday was very hot, I reckon it got to about 40 degrees, so a whole heap of us went to a really nice fresh water swimming place near Huonville.... Ahhh.... Three metre deep water, nice big cliff beside it to jump off (well I didn't enjoy the jumpng so much, but other people did!) as well as faster moving water, but only ankle deep.... Crazy place, hard to describe really! We then went and played hockey, blergh that was hot! 6pm, and a thermometer in town reckoned it was 43 degrees.... I was wearing two pairs of hockey socks too, I could have squeezed water out of them afterwards.... We won though! Hooray!

Barely seen my parents in the past few weeks, I've had so much on since I got back, but since Christmas I've just been hectic! Two weeks of camps, then my parents were away for a week, then I was housesitting for a few days, and now I'm just enjoying being able to sit at home and not have to do anything.... Except organise a few things (anyone interesting in Relay for Life?) and start thinking about what I need for uni! But I don't have to go anywhere to organise things, which is lovely!

Gotta go, lunchtime, then licence time!

1 comment:

  1. I don't really sound American, do I?! (Sorry Mez).

    Being Clerical Erica is enough. And I am now even more of Clerical Erica, after being appointed the Secretary of the BYM Council today. I wonder what type of super-powers Supergirl Clerical Erica would have?!

    Random comment?! Yes, it is 12:30 and I am typing up notes that have no due date, but I am staying up late to finish them, as if they are due tomorrow! What is wrong with me?! Actually, don't answer that!

    ReplyDelete