Saturday 22 January 2005

The Count of Monte Cristo

Well I saw the Count of Monte Cristo the other night, the one with Guy Pierce and Jim Cavezial, and I must say it has put me even more off seeing The Passion, I don't want to see a more than one block of wood, and I think the crucifix has that aspect quite covered! The movie was alright, alhtough Dad was complaining it isn't anything like the book (I personally cannot get into Dumas' books, get to about the 2nd chapter and realise I haven't taken anything in...!) but as a movie, it was good entertainment! I'm told the version with Gerad Depardieu is far better, and I'm inclined to believe that, and will see it some day!!

Well, the feather duster has just walked past the window (being the double ended pomeranien dog down the street!), mum tells me it's quite nice once you get to know it, but that's the scary bit, don't really want to go there - how will I know if I'm talking to it's bum or head? It's only when it walks that this is (probably) obvious!!

Bought a suitcase the other day, very exciting, but it's so small - only allowed to take 20kg, so that could be tricky - will actually have to choose what books to take! I'm starting to get ready, kind of, though - been taking all those lovely city shots, went to the market today, so i can say ' this is where i live'.... "this is the drunk with a didge who posed for my friend, and hid the 6 beer cans and bottle of wine from the camera!!"

Anyway, off to watch Dune, not expecting great things, but our video store is $3 per weekly video, or 3 for $5, so FAR cheaper to just get three!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment