Saturday 29 January 2005

I have lost 1.5 hours of my life...

... and two of my wisdom teeth! It's a very strange feeling to wake up from the anesthesia to have no idea about what has just gone on for the past 1.5 hours - there's a difference between waking up after sleeping, and waking up after being drugged and operated on!

Anyway, the operation went well, it was fine and dandy, and alhtough I now have quite a square jaw, I don't hurt too much, just a slight ache, and I've only had one panedeine today (that was this morning, and it's now 6:30pm)... Will go and take another soon though, after dinner...! Speaking of which, I have decided there is only so much custard you can eat, and I may reach that threshhold soon, may not though, but do have lots of apple sauce, jelly, yoghurt, icecream, scrambled egg, and tonight, cool bolognaise sauce, as well! it's quite hard to think of mushy foods that do not have lots of sugar in them, so my poor teeth are going to suffer - can't really open wide enough to brush many of them, so will have to mouth wash, but currently on my favourite - warm salt mouth baths... yum yum! Blergh!

I was in Hobart Private, and they're all really friendly there I've decided, but if you do go there, don't accept their offer of jelly - I found it REALLY strong - as though they'd only pyut half the water in - forgotten to put in the cold water or soemthing! They do give you a dixie icecream though, yummy, and juice or water... really it's all lots of numb fun... I hate having a numb tongue though - one of the most irritating things...

WEll SUsan came and visited me at home, about 20 minutes after i got home, which was very nice of her, except that then she had a little car accident at the bottom of my hill, and had to come back, until her dad could come and convoy her home... Poor poppet.... That is an evil corner! According to both Susan and her father though (who is a doctor) I was one of hte most alert people they'd seen who'd just come out of anathesia... I really woke up from ti and felt refresehd though... Not at all tired - people told me that I'd just go home and sleep, but I went home, listened to an audio book for a while, until the power came back on, and then watched Cheaper by the Dozen, then ate MORE custard and jelly (dribbling half of it all over myself cos I couldn't feel it running down my chin) and then Wire i nthe Blood. Hmmm.... too energetic and talkative apparently!

Well no one's going to read this because it looks too daunting and long, so I might as well stop now....! Still trying to work out how to set the default font though.....

1 comment:

  1. hey buddy bums!
    i'm all for long posts, just make sure they're interesting.
    i mean, who really wants to read about a movie that they haven't seen? yes, you may have more experience and knowledge than david and margaret...
    cheers blondie

    ReplyDelete