Monday 28 February 2005

Yesterday was cool!

Alathouhg i did spend the day being asked if I knew all these tv shows by a three year old, with a cold, speaking dialect rather than high german... That made me a little sleepy.. Actually I am very tired from having to concentrate all the time, and I really miss being about to just speak and be understood - I think my fmaily probablz thinks I'm a very quiet person because I barely say anything! we went 'rutchen' or bobsledding in their backzard (or someones field just over the fence) which was a lot of fun! Everything is covered in snow, looking all proper and winterish! I'm loving my downie, although i borrowed some better clothes, waterproof, fleecy trousers, snow shoes etc for sliding down hills!!!

Watched a fair bit of tv yesterday too, figured I was immersing myself in the language.. The simpsons in German is still funny! Am loving little kids tv though - has so much visual humour!

Am really missing home though, I think I'd actually rather be there right now, in a place where I can be understood, have all my fdamily and friends nearby and I kinda feel that this is too selfsih a thing for me to be doing right now, and should be doing something htat will really help other people, not just myself! If someone gave me the choice of being here or there, I'd probablz choose to be there...

Well I start school tomorrow, a bit scary scine I'm going to have to be catching a train there from tuesday i think, alhtough getting a lift tomorrow, whih is good! Hoping there will be another Australian exchange student there, i know there is a Melbournian in LInz, hopefullz she'll be at the same school! That'll give me someone to talk to....

Must be off... comuter is needed!

Be balck at some stage!"

1 comment: