Saturday 4 June 2005

Me sleepy.

Can't write long sentences. Brain switched off. 6 hours sleep. From 6am till 12pm. Got home at 5;30am. Big birthday night out for Melanie.

Actually that's not entirely right, the times are, but I am kinda vaguely able to write longer sentences. Well... Last night...

The night started at about 7:30, when Bibi and I started to get ready, etc etc, then we literally ran to the train station at 9pm. Got into Linz (Bibi had two run ins with ticket inspectors, and having forgotten her pass for free travel, had to explain over and ove, and gain the sympathy of them...) and eventually met up with Simone, after a little confusion about meeting place. The four of us (Melanie travelled into LInz by train with us, she lives near us) then headed off to a pub/bar (what's the difference, as in definition?) called Walkers, where we met Maria. Not much happening there, so went to another place called The Living Room, which was very cool, but a bit smoky. After that we went down to their favourite pub, but it was almost empty, so we went back to Walkers, where we spent the rest of the evening. Apparently Maria is usually the popular one, all the guys vying for her attention, but it was Bibi last night. In the Living Room, the classic friend-asking-for-a-friend thing happened, wanting to know how old she was (disappointment, the friend was 16...!), then in Walkers a 'happy' man wanted to know if she was Austrian (I thought this was kinda funny to ask her, when I was there, but shows I looked the part...!) That was funny, except that he was leaning right over me, threatening to spill beer all over me! Anyway. Then I went to the loo with Melanie, and when we got back, there were three new guys. One was the most interested, called Christoph, 28 (!) from Vienna, and the others were similar ages. They were all nice, and we talked to them for a few hours... They had lots of fun when they found i was Australian.. Especially one who kinda spoke English... Anyway, was funny to watch them all trying to get Bibi's attention, but Christoph was the successful one..! This was the highlight of the evening... Bibi says it was very strange, that that's never happened before!

Alcohol just makes me sleepy... Why I don't know, but I was so close to falling asleep at times... What did I drink.. Hmm... I tried a bit of Maria's Sunrise tequila shot, some white wine spritz, rum and coke, and some cocktail (this was the ultimate fatigue giving drink) with rum, tequila, 'wodka' and gin.. And orange juice i think... Was very yummy though. I didn't actually drink that much - most of this was just stinging a sip from other people! I think I'm over my dislike of the actual taste of alcohol, but don't like being so tired! I think it was also because i always forget how tiring it is to live in a different language (should have told this to the three guys in walkers, they prolly think all australians are inactive, exhausted and can't take their alcohol or something)...

Well that's pretty much my evening from yesterday, as usual I'm sure there was something else...

We walked from 'Altstadt' to the train station (that'S why were out till so early, the first train was at 5am, and while there were parents willing to come and collect, it just isn't practical here) which was interesting. The sky was starting to light up, and there were heaps of drunks around, but we took a route that was almost deserted, by them. Good answer to prayer, was freezinh when we left, i said 'god, keep us safe, warm and let the train be running' almost immediately Bibi thoguth of a safer route to walk, the air started to warm up and the train was running. I felt completely safe, although Melanie and Bibi I think were a little scared. Really was fine though!

Don't know what i'm going to do about photos on my blog now, this computer doesn't have usb port, is an old laptop, so maybe at the internet cafe, or even a school, but the likelyhood of the school ones having usb is not high! Anyway, wil see what i can do! Gotta go, lunch in a moment...

2 comments:

  1. hey mim,
    not happy- you sound like you're having heaps of fun going out and yet you wouldn't come out once with me!! :( Awesome that you're having, what sounds like, an awesome time. Did changing families muck you up much, having to get used to different things but in the same town? Oh and do see if you can learn to horse ride it's so much fun and then i can drag you along with me when you get back. I don't get a chance at all anymore and I would so love to. Anyway- i'm in the middle of my first scary uni exams. agh! as this course goes on and i learn more and more stuff, i'm becoming more and more of a ditz. nothing stays in my mind and i'm just becoming useless all around-not how it's suppose to be but hey i'm the idiot who is doing uni. hmm, guess what!! baywest is getting an intern from america for 6mths- someone else to pick on for accents(sorry meredith). hey-we may be able to pick on you to when you get back_nah hah! :P. oh well gotta go, all my love mim, speak to you later,smem

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sweetheart!

    wooo don't mix drinks mim that's BAAD u should just drink beer instead... num num!
    glad you're having a better time i hope the photos get up soon i want to see what you've been up to!!! here is boring this is my firstr day back at school and we're designing an experiment and jez rackham doesn't trust us so he's checking all our homework with a plagarism checker!!! ooo scary
    is clockwork orange good? i was planning on seeing it this holidays but didn't get round to it. :(
    hey and send me a postcard!

    ReplyDelete