Wednesday 1 June 2005

Ok, new home and all!

New host father: Fritz, manager of a big company, think it's a steelworks or something, but not completely sure... Bibi doesn't really know...! Speaks English, reasonably well, so that's good, we all generally just speak in a mixture of English and German (more German though, but is good, my german is now leaping and bounding!!). He's very nice, funny, plays gol onsunday mornings, but that'S about all....

New host mother: Margarete, housewife (used to work, had kids, liked staying home so much she now does it permanently!) Very nice, anxious to make sure I have everything I need, especially in terms of food... Mmmm! Very good cook! I get hot choccie for brekfast, and cornflakes now... Also went and bought juice for me and stuff, she asked though!! Speaks a bit of English, I think its at about the same level as my german... understands a lot, but doesn't speak as much! I feel a little uncomfortable with her doing ALL the work around the house, but get the impression she enjoys it...

New host sister: Bibi (weird going from school friend to officially host sister)... Very nice... umm, in same class, hopefully we won't crowd each other, but shouldn't....

Also have two other host sisters (plus there'sa half one I think, but not nearly as comfusing as with teh others!) One lives in Linz and the other in Vienna, so we'll prolly go and stay with her for a bit in the holidays...

House, very nice, pool, good garden, i'm being taught how to mow lawns soon... They'Re really into art and stuff, so the house is very coordinated and smart looking. My room is in the cellar... WEll right downstairs, and I have a window that's at 'street' level (actually looks onto the pool...). Have my own bathroom, wuith shower, loo etc etc. Show kinda dodgy, but I think its just clogged up, so I'll have to ask! Have an old tv, no remote, but that stops me just lying on my bed channel surfing! Actuyll, not planning on spending too much time in my room... But is kinda cool to have a tv...!! Got to watch Desperate Housewives twice because of it (is on two nights in a row on diff channels!)... Umm.... Pets.... Two rabbits, Bibi has a horse she goes to everyday, might learn to ride.. .He's very nice, ad you know the saying about dogs and owners looking alink... I think it fits to horse as well! Very cute! Both have the same fringe!! Bibi isn't so sure...

Goota go

1 comment:

  1. helllo buddy mim!!

    i'm smashingly glad that you're happy at this new land - i hope you're introducing them to lots of classic movies and really long books (btw matt still has your copy of spinal tap) (we'll post it if you want to show your host famille)

    year 12 is so not more fun that year 11 i can't wait to finish school actually i just can't wait to turn 18. i checked the local 'gig guide' (nuddy dwarf) and the first concert i can go to as a certified 18-year-old is magic dirt. who i happen to have a cd of but they're still not the most exciting thing since sliced bread or new families.

    well i'm going to leave now cos i'm using matts computer and the keyboard is really hard to type with i keep making typos and the delete button is really small and i miss it and just type \\\\ instead! doh.

    tralalalala love you and i saw your mum the other day and waved! yay.
    i want to see more photos of you!
    cheers
    love kath xox

    ReplyDelete