Monday 26 September 2005

After 15 years of friendship, she turns 19...

...That right, today is Erica's birthday! (well, yesterday or a few days ago for most of you probably, but it's the middle of the day here...!) We've known each other for almost 15 years, which is a bit scary really, although I've known others longer! What'S scary is we've been to school together through ALL that, and still somehow managed to stay friends....! so HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERICA!

Anyway, back to the mundane world of Linz! I went to the uni open day on friday, which was scarily similar to tas unis! Everything even looked similar, although fewer gum trees.... I went along because it was far more interesting than sitting in school for a day, with only about 5 other people from my class! I was also interested to see what another uni looked like! I collectexd so much paper, as usual, and also about 5 pens... Will never have to buy one again I think! Now have pens with German writing all over them! The excitement!

Yesterday was a Kinder Flohmarkt, in the town square of where I live. That is a Flea Market, where lots of children sell all their old toys and games and stuff! Not where you can buy children... (I thought slavery was abolished here, but wasn'T entirely sure....!!!) I was going to buy the Lion King on video, in German, but someone else got in first! Bought Wo die wilden Kerle Wohnen instead... (where the wild things are... who knows this book? I love it)

I thought this was going to be a really long post, but now I can't actually think of any of the things I was going to say, or I've run out... Umm... HAve to find a Ball Dress, eeek! I've never been formal dress shopping before, but this time it's really hard because I want to spend as little money as possible... LAthough I could just buy an expensive one and sell it (apparently there's always a good market for old ball dresses...)... But it's kinda fun, in an Eeeeik! I look like a potato kinda way....!

Meredith, glad you enjoyed America, although mum tells me your return home was a little confused! JOno congrats on confirmation! Bridget, have fun in Mexico (do you gho this week?) And HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL THOSE PEOPLE WITH BIRTHDAYS! I could list them for you, but that would take about half a year... There are a billion odd people out there...!

Have to help Dina find a good Bill Bryson book (naturally i'll guide her towards Down Under) for her English study! Then in a few hours I've got p.e.... wahoo! Hopfully we'll play a game... And i'm not getting the back to school cold... The rest of my class may have it, but I refuse, and I know my sore throat is just a result of talkign to my parents for too long yesterday... wink wink...! Tschüssie!

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Feel very special to be mentioned on your blog by name (ie not just as the girl who 'squealed when she read my SMS about coming home'! (Or something like that!).

    So finally I have overcome my phobia of posting comments of blogs of people I know!

    Only 2 months - 1 day til your birthday!

    Thanks for the birthday blog, phone call and SMS! I'll get a big head from all these birthday wishes. Aw, shucks!

    Luv Clerical Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPARKY!!!!
    And no, I don't leave til next week. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPARKY!!!!
    And no, I don't leave til next week. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete