Saturday 17 September 2005

This should be about school, but moves on to tv fairly quickly...

Nun, wir sind wieder in der Schule… We’re back in school, as of Wednesday, and it’s lovely, fantastic and as much fun as ever…. Hmmm! Actually, it’s really nice to be back, to have other people to talk to, and, wait for it, wait for it, to ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT THE TEACHERS ARE SAYING!!! I hadn’t realised how much my German has improved, but now I actually understand what they say, most of the time, although there are still a lot o times that it’s just so boring I can’t bear to listen! But the option is there…. Nah, don’t worry, I do listen as much as possible, but when the rest of the class isn’t listen, it’s kinda hard to! This year we’ve got philosophy instead of psychology, biology (but they di the cutting up a few years ago… sadly…) and pretty much everything else is the same… Still cant understand the English teacher’s English (he asked me SOMETHING about my holidays, not entirely sure what, but that may have also been the chattering ‘beautiful girls’ wall in front of me…!) Speaking of which, hey Claire (or anyone else) what’s the best Beautiful Girls cd (do they have more than one?)… Anyway… Umm, had pe today… blergh, tiring! 20 minutes of laps around the netball courts (well 12 in the end), then situps, push ups and other random strengthening things… I enjoyed it, made me not feel like SUCH a lazy bum, but was tiring… Then played a weird version of baseball, which was weird but kinda fun…

Umumum… Our classroom is at te top of the school, right in the middle, so we have to go up 4 BIG flights of stairs to get it, and the toilets are really far away… Rather funny though, the smokers have to go down the 4 flights, and another little one, to get to the smokers zone, and there are some who like to go out every break (10 minutes between all the classes)… They come back puffing anf panting… I shouldn’t laugh, and I don’t, but I think it… I haven’t got a window seat, which is very sad, instead I’m RIGHT in front of the teacher, but back a row, which is kinda weird… At least now I understand them, and can nod and look interested! It’S funny, the front row beauties don’t know I actually speak German now, well they know it now, but this morning Paulie was asking Bibi how many Ball tickets I need (Ball!!!), and all my friends told her I understand (it’s always nice to hear people saying ‘sie kann foi gut deutsch’ (she can speak really good german)… bit of a ego booster really.. Hmmm..!) Then later, another was telling me I was the ‘lucky’ one to be the team captain, started in English, then the other beauties corrected her… Rather funny! But quite a few people have asked me, or asked my friends, if I understand it now… Was I that bad before… Ja, wahrscheinlich…

I’m so ashamed of myself, now addicted to Dawson’s Creek… HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???? It’s on every afternoon at 5, and Bibi watches it, and I kinda gravitate towards the tv, and now I’m addicted… Will Pacey and Dawson ever be friends again? What’s the story with Jen and the weird Ben Fraser look alike from her old life? Is Jack really gay? I now understand however the quote in 10 Things… It’s such a bad show.. At least I’m not addicted to the Bold and the Beautiful… Although looking forward to Desperate Housewives on Monday (and started watching Lost again, 2nd series, still don’t really like it all that much, but is intriguing!) I don’t actually watch too much tv, prolly more than at home, but there are just so many channels, so much Simpsons, Malcom, Scrubs, terrible MTV reality shows (Date my mum… guy picks girl after going on date with her mum… funny) Then there are also some classic ads as well… One of my favourites is for a bank, for a youth account or something. Lady looking at cloths in shop, pushing pram. Looking at nice men’s shirt, and a long arm reaches out from the pram for a Marilyn Manson t-shirt. Look into pram and there’s a teenager. The mum takes away t-shirt. Next scene, another 16 year old guy sitting in trolley. Pram guy and trolley guy do the 2 finger ‘I know what you’re going through’ wave (like a salute, without the head)… Is very funny… Contradictory is one where there’s lots of rich people campaigning against some big lotto jackpot, man says ‘the rich will never be happy’… The slogan is then ‘you’ll be richer than rich’. Does that make sense to anyone else???? I understand what they’re getting at, but it seems all very contradictory to me!!

Hmm… I’m sure there were other things I wanted to tell you all about, but can’T remember! Dina’S birthday tomorrow, I bought her the Blue Day Book, in German (the shop didn’t have it in stock in English…) so hopefully she’ll like it…

Just worked it out, I’m replacing Blue Heelers with other bad tv!

Guardian has changed it’s format, which I don’T mind, except they seem to have just changed it to put in more ads… Bigger more irritating ads as well! The Guardian is the newspaper I buy here, btw, when I need a dose of English news (please take note, I also ‘read’ the Oberösterreichichen Nachrichten and the Standard, in German (well, read is perhaps a little strong, I look at the pictures, and read the articles that are short and movie related, or other big event, like the hurricane or something!).. .SO it’s a bit disappointing that it’s been changed for such mercenary reasons, but they were saying the new Saturady one will have a cooler review section, so will see before I really make my judgement… There realls is no completely international newspapaer though, which is just sad! Maybe that should be my life’s aim…

No comments:

Post a Comment