Saturday 8 October 2005

Boohoo

I'll be back...

2 months today... 61 days... That's nothing... i'll be getting to Hobart on the 8th of December, sometime in the evening.. I have tried everything I can think of to get a later flight, have asked to fly to Melbourne (nothing between the 5th and the 30th), have asked if I can change Economy classes, even asked how much it costs to upgrade to business (hey, getting desperate! Don't ask by the way, I nearly had a heart attack!), but nothing! So I shall be seeing everyone sometime around thenish...

Got a ball dress, borrowing one fro Simone in my class.. Not exactly what I would have chosne had I been shopping, but it isn't bad!

Had a nice observation for everyone, but can't remember it now! WIll tell you sometime, I'm sure!

Watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo'S Nest in English (the extra class), I'm really enjoying it, is funny to see a young Christopher Lloyd (would pick those ears anywhere) and Danny deVito I see from IMDb is also there, somewhere... He's not as distiguishable as Lloyd though... Is interesting, reminds me of 1984 in some ways, not really sure why, although if it ends in the way I currently see it going (he's just been 'treated' after the boat escapade) then there are similar themes - outsider fighting the system, gets entrapped and put into the system (sounds like an old plot, is, but in these two cases it's much more comlicated, and I don't want to give away too much!)... Of course I could be complteley wrong! Will find out on Wednesday! We're looking at Mental Illness in that English, and in normal at Cosmetic surgery... Interesting juxtapostion (is that the right word? Is so long I always forget exactly what it means, excpet that its the placing to two unrelated things next to each other in a way they become connected... or something, that was Tammy in drama...!)

Btw, Mum tells me someone at the Student Excahnge office reads my blog! uh-oh! Nah, not really! Hello!!! Glad you read it! IS that why i don't have to fill out quarterly reports like I was told i would HAVE to...? Hmm... Anyway!

So, starting to get things organised now, amking (by hand) business cards, with all my Aussie details, for all those people who have promised to send me panicked 'help me with my english for th exams' emails, letters, phone calls and sms'!! Trying to work out my budget, so I can buy lots of pressies for everyone and all that (nah, that's too complicated, be happy with chocolate or soemthing, that's what i'll prolly end u getting for unrelated people!) Have to send home clothes soon... Ohhh! And write a list for mum to go host family pressie shoppping! So much to do... Getting my visa on tuesday... Teehee... I think that's very funny, that I get it NOW! Finally finished with the holidays and everything (the 'Bezirkshauptmannschaft' people that is!)

Well anyway, this was actually just to tell you when i'd be home (considered not doing it, arrive as a nice surprise and all that, but I'm terrible at that kind of secret, will forget who you like in a minute, but this kind... nah!) Hey, when's the dancing concert this year? Will I be back in time? If yes, I'm coming....!!

6 comments:

  1. im glad your coming home early imoweg! Can i come to the airport and wave my australian flag at you?

    news from tas for today the 10th of october

    - it is wet BUT it is daylight saving time so that makes me happy
    - every one is missing imo, last Sunday alex says 'whooooa that chick looks just like imo' - pointing at someone who looks nothing like you except for maybe the presence of brown hair.. on a similar note i thought ruth lord was you the other week...
    - liz has a booooooooooyfriend!!!!
    - caleb is moving to lenah valley
    - keith and rosie had their baby! hurray!
    - jono got confirmed by the bish
    - i can see something red in my treehouse... i wonder what it is
    - exams are soon
    - i can give you a very detailed analysis of the sandy bay rivulets macroinvertebrate abundance and tolerance if youre interested in that kind of thing
    - triple j have free music downloads by the way.. so if your missing a bit of ausmusic go to www. triplej.net.au/listen
    - i am procrastinating hurray!

    yay imoooo

    im going to leave this blog as anonymous so you can have figuring out who wrote this and get a nostalgia trip thinking about all your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. I can guess who that was... :-D It starts with a 'K' and ends with an 'e' :-)

    anyway... Hey Imo!

    I love your blog, it is the best form of procrastination ever :-)

    Guess what it is almost a year since we got confirmationised! Wow it seems like only yesterday, I cant wait to have you back! Nom (who got confirmed with us) now actually kinda comes to Baywest! How fun is life!

    Stay you!
    :-)
    Liz

    P.S. The baby's name is Amelia (mia) Adelle and is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know those cone things that they put on pets to stop them from licking themselves after they've been to the vet? Those are pretty funny. Not for the pet, of course, because they just end up running into walls. On a deep, subconcious level though, something with a cone on it's head that runs into walls is innately hilarious, and you shouldn't feel guilty for laughing. In fact, the reason why we bring it up is that we think someone should invent these for humans. Not because humans need to be prevented from licking themselves, although that would be a very positive side-effect, but mostly because we can think of a lot of people who should have cones on their heads. For instance, pretty much every celebrity. It should be a rule that as soon as you anull your marriage of three days to an actor you dated for three weeks beforehand, and it's broadcast into every major news outlet on purpose, you get coned. Your cone time would be a proportionally inverse amount of time to your
    marriage. We could also cone politicians every time they are involved in a scandal. The bigger the scandal, the bigger the cone. Some of them could end up being stunt ramps for water-skiers. The only way to get the cone off would be to repay their debt to society, perhaps by using their cone to act as a homeless shelter. The more we think about this, the more it seems like a good idea. We're going to go build some more walls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Suse! Yeah, may take about 70 more years beofre you get your convertible from me... Sorry!

    Of course you can come and wave an aussie flag at the airpoirt Kate! That'd be lots of fun! i'll prolly be jetlagged as anything (will be 10 hours difference by then!!) but i'm sure i'll appreciate it!

    I do that 'hey it's ________' all the time, usually with really random people from tassie school! Almost called out a few times too!

    Oh lala, Liz! Who?

    Lenah Valley for Caleb hey? There goes one of my taxis in my area... MIght have to learn to drive now...!

    Good luck with exams...! Yay, Rosie and Keith and Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Imo

    Just so you know; as exams are coming up I hope you recognise the fact that youre going to have to do lots of regular blogs so we can all procrastinate more!

    ReplyDelete