Saturday 29 October 2005

Hey Fel's sister is on the uni website!!

That was mildly freaky (not in a bad way, just rather unexpected!). Mum tells me I've received a big parcel of stuff from the uni, so I have to actually start thinking about my subjects for next year...!!

GO AND SEE WALLACE AND GROMIT! I don’t know if it’s still on in Tassie, but if it is, go and see it! It’s SOOOOO funny!!! Went and saw it on Tuesday night, with Maria, in English, with French and German subtitles! Has some hilariously funny touches (many of which I think I was the only person in the theatre to understand… Loud laughing by me, followed by ‘oops, self-concious, was that really that loud’ mouth cover up!

Read The English Patient last week, must say I was incredibly disappointed, found it really boring... Couldn't wait to finish it, which is never a good sign, because it was a please, i just want to be rid of this book kind of couldn't wait! Also read the Great Gatsby, alright, although not brilliant. Kind of intersting, but once again, i was a little disappointed... Serves me right for choosing books I've heard so many great thingy about I guess!

Read The LIon, the Witch and the Wardrobe in German this week... Was interesting, I got different impressions reading it in German - some scenes I've always imagined as one way, I saw as another way thi time... Hmmm!!

Holidays! Holidays! Hooray Hooray! Until Wednesday!

Hey Tasmania got onto the news here, with the whale strandings! There was footage and everything! Very exciting!! On the German CNN partner (N-TV) and on one 2 minute news break on a normal station!

Was watching MTV yesterday, in the 20 minute break between Dwasn’s Creek and The SImpsons, was watching this amazingly stupid show, Date My Mom. Basically a guy has to choose between 3 girls by going on a date with each of their mothers. Bibi and I think there should be a Date My Dad for the girls, and maybe even a Date My Parents, or Date My Pet, but anyway. Yesterday’s guy has lived in Australia (wow, his Aussie impersonations were terrible, the worst I think I’ve heard) and when he heard one of the girls was going to Australia for something, he did the whole Aussie Aussie Aussie thing, followed by the Oi Oi Oi, himself, because the mother had NO idea what was going on. They then did one of those soliloquy type of comment things by the mother, who said ‘I have no idea what he’s talking about right now.’ Was rather funny, but really, why doesn’t she know the third Aussie national anthem (after Jolly Swagman and that one about rejoicing Australians)…. Hmmm!!! Not as funny as his accent and kookaburra impersonations though….

Anyway(s, as my English teacher would say, agh!) GO AND SEE WALLACE AND GROMIT!

Quiz answers coming soon, but they’re downstairs and I’m not….

Change to Winter Time this weekend, so we’ll be 10 hours behind you guys again!

2 comments:

  1. Tusday 1 November 2005 Melbone cup day.
    Hi there Imo it is quit warm back in Tase we have been on Summer time for 4 weeks know on Wendsday it is ment to get to 25. form Micahel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Imo,

    The bad tv show ideas never cease to amaze me! Date My Mom - truly shocking! Sounds like the only quality tv u get is sad news - ie dead whales (btw u made it sound like "yay, dead whales!' but lol i know what u mean!).

    Talking of tv - we got a new one for the rec room + a set-top box for it! Yay!

    Letter coming soon! Hope u r enjoying ur last full month in Austria (whoo hoo, boo hoo!).

    God Bless,

    Luv Clerical Erica

    PS Is ment 2 b 28 2day! Crazy! Lunchtime here I come - am going to lie in the park, read and try to get a tan! =)Toodles!

    ReplyDelete