Sunday 2 October 2005

Laws of Attraction

Just discovered I have the most useful contact in the world in Dina here! Her father owns a restaurant at one of the cinemas here, so not only does that mean free before and after movie refreshments, it also means free tickets to the film.... Just saw Laws of Attraction (Pierce Brosnan, Julianne Moore), and i was pleasantly surprised. Was actually not too bad, and rather funny at times. I've never been sure of comments that say 'the actor Blah saved this film', I mean, maybe it was having that actor that made it seem to need saving - maybe they were jsut so good they outshone the rest, and i do have another argument, but I can't quite think about how to word it, is all in images in my head at the moment, (occasionally my mind does that...!), something about the script being already written, and the actors just having to act it out, so really the script needs to be good for the film to be saved - it isn't just on the facial expressions that a film is made... If I think up a brilliant way to explain, I will.... In 3 years! Anyway, that was said about this film, and it's the kind of film that made me wonder about the logic of the phrase... Well yes...!!! Umm the film... About two divorce attorneys, originally fighting against each other. Moore is super organised and has never lost a case (or something close) and Brosnan is chaotic, always late, and has also never lost a case. They get drunk together one night, sleep together (of course) and everything goes from there... She still 'hates' him, but then they are fighting against each other again in a celebrity divorce, have to travel to Ireland to see a castle, get married when drunk, and decide they have to pretend to be happily married... Blah blah blah! Predictable, but funny if you're in the mood for such a film!!

Well now waiting for my train! On Saturday nights there are no trains between 7:30pm and 11:00pm so I have to wait for another hour or so... That'S why I'm in this expensiver cafe, jsut time wasting, but have to go anyway! Dina is going to write something in English for you all to enjoy, but she'S going to email it to me, so you'll all get it later!

Gotta go now! Btw, lots of good looking films coming here soon!

2 comments:

  1. hey mimzical!!!

    i guess i should reply seeing as i keep reading stuff and i'm bored.

    we're getting our cheat sheets!!! arrrgh that means exams aren't far away!! the TQA printer stuffed up tho and my physics cheatsheet is all bent wrong. oh well.

    sounds like a lot of fun is being had over there! post some more photos up sometime (as much as i like your extended ramblings, i especrially like your photos!) hehe
    ohk thermochem time!
    tutta luv kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kath! Would love to post more photos, but means I have to dowload a thingo, and at home they're nt too keen on that, and is a bit tricky in an internet cafe!! Sorry! You'll just have to wait until I get home!

    Good luck in exams!!

    ReplyDelete