Saturday 22 October 2005

Bought a downie!

Teehee! They do good quality cheap winter clothing here well... (funnily enough!), so in my hunt for a winter jacket/coat, I found a downie, for about $Aus60. Is brown, not my first choice, but the only one in my size (is very popular, you should have seen how many were hanging on the 'on hold' rack!). Comes down just past my bum, has a detachable (zip) hood, and I thought, well it's not exactly the dressy coat i was hoping to find, but is perfectly in my price range, is a downie (note, I do actually already have one here, from my sister, but since she'll want that back, and i feel like a big grey elephant wearing it (warm, but BIG and grey!!) I thought this one, smaller (shorter sleeves! I can see my fingers!) was perfect! Very exciting! i'm sure all you outdoorsy types will sneer at such an obviously 'inferior' downie, but watch out, the wind might change and your face will stay that way!

Working out sending stuff home at the moment, I have well over the 20kg I'm allowed on the plane, so have tos end stuff. My host father is currently (well, next week is going to) looking into a possibly cheaper way that he knows (I have no idea, but he said is company uses it, I think, and he's pretty sure it'd be cheaper!), so that'd be nice! It's amazting how much stuff you can accumalate in 10 months! I currently have 2 daunting returning home areas,
1. looking at my bedroom, trying to work out what stays, what goes, etc etc (and also, when I should start packing... I think I need to post stuff first, but maybe I need to pack first...! I can't pack though, I need everything still! And that would seem horribly eager to be leaving!!) ) Also wondering what to do with my school work! Seems a terrible waste if I just throw out everything I've done this year, but can't take it home... WIll have to ask Magdalena about that one I think!
2. Looking at my to do list (or to buy)... I feel so good now that's I've crossed off a couple of items, but there's still a lot to do! And I have no idea what to buy for a few people (family members, not friends - no pressies for you really! Sorry, but there will be edibles...!) EEEK!

Well, still on the hunt for my count down clock!

Holidays (for a week) next wednesday! Hooray (they have a 'nationalfeiertag' - national day of celebrating being Austria!)

Yep, Erica, my relief religion teacher was called Devil... Now that, I thought, was rather funny!

And hooray, you commented!

Ok, train soon (now I'm procrastinating against searching for pressies!)

2 comments:

  1. hey mim!

    do you do requests for posts?
    jessie is going to austria next year (you might kno her, her sis is sam she was in your year), and wants to kno any tips of the trade???

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do! Whereabouts? Umm... WIll think about it and get back to you!

    ReplyDelete