Monday 7 November 2005

The best description of book searching I have ever read!

Unfortunatly I cannot quote the best description ever, because the article's at home, and i'm not, but I can try to make it up! Was from the Guardian, Review section a couple of weeks ago, and basically said that readers will search for a book to search for their mood, not just the next one in a series or something. They look for the book that jumps out saying 'read me now'. This is soooo true, I read it and realised that's exactly it, my parents have seen me at midnight, realising I need a new book to read, and spending half an hour searching for 'just the right book'. They'll get infuriated because I should go to bed, with school the next day, and i#ll refuse any offers from them, because it just isn't right! Such a true true thing!

Anyway, i'm in the library now, because it's much cheaper internet (didn't have a clue how it worked, and they've got new computers here now) and because my usual internet cafe seems to be closed... Not entirely sure why, could read the sign on the door, but won't! This keyboard however is incredibly loud, and I'm worried about distracting the girl next to me, she seems to be reading something very deep and meaningful (prolly harry potter fanfic or something.. Wow, just glanced at her screen, and it is fanfic, dunno what though). But will prolly come here now, because it is so much cheaper ($1.60 per hour)...

Went to the theatre on Thursday. Medea von Grillparzer, with my German class. Was all in 19th Century German, but I pretty much understood it all I think, got the story at least, although not all the details. The set was very cool, although a little hard to describe, and I found myself going into drama reveiw mode 'which 2 actors will I write about?' 'what's the lighting like' etc etc.... i must say I enjoyed the theatrics more than the play, partially because I didn't have to concentrate as hard... Unfortunaltey there were heaps of students there, was a public performance though, and heaps just tlkaed through the whole thing, which I felt awful about. One of the actors came forward at the end and told everyone off, which i wanted to stand up and clap and cheer about, but didn't think was appropriate. Such behaviour during plays however always makes me edgy, I want the play to be over with so the people will stop talking and disturbin the actors. Weird I know... Anyway, I enjoyed ma night out at the theatre, and now I'm looking forward to getting KultureVulture again next year!

Thursday nigth was the EMAs... The MTV European Music Awards, which I watched a bit of the next day (getting a bit worried about my new found interest in music... Not overtaken my movie interest yet, but....) Were rather specky, lots of people (in Lisabon...!!) and hyper active musicians (the COldplay guy rang someone on a mobile an audience member was using to film the show, robbie williams went crowd surfing, althoug that was possibly just because he really couldn't sing.. and lots of other general hyperactivity). Was disappointed Rammstein got hte best German band award (not surprising, but still disappointing!)... I was going for Fettes Brot or Silbermond...

Has anyone ever used the phrase 'i shlepped to school'? Apparently it's areal English word, from the German Schleppen, to go somewhere reluctantly (as far as I could tell), but i#ve never heard of it... Maybe the English teacher was just testing me... But he says he read it in a book...

My parents tell me ther was great wind drama at home... Now power at our house for 2 days, after the power lines got ripped out of the side of the house.. Again... Sounds impressive... Don't really get anything like that here.... Hope everyone's alright though, no massive damage or anything...

I have two more things written on my hand, no idea what though... Make that one, one is the book hunt thing...

imo K back in Tassie... Hope all's good and sounds like you really had a great time!

I must be off, have to look up a bit of information...!!

Do people actually want the quiz answers? Has anyone done it? i#ll only give them if people want them!

No comments:

Post a Comment