Friday 8 April 2005

Here it is...

finally! I've gt 50 minutes to write all about my karaoke experience, but that should be plenty!

Having a lovely time here now, had a moment when I was in LInz on Saturday when I just went 'Hmmm, I like being here' which may seem very weird thought, but was special to me! Been talking to Michaela and Jim, and they'Re going to be in POland in August, when I'm on Summer holidays, so will hopefully come and see me!! Yay! Have to talk to Magdalena, but we'll at least be able to meet up for a day in LInz...

Spent last night being a Kangaroo, hopping all over the garden, hiding from the dangerous Tasmanian Devils, who Sarah eventually banquished... IT was fun in a strange way, although the rest of hte family was laughing at me, the pyscho Australian girl pretending to be a Kangaroo...!!

Karaoke... Hmm.... Met up with Elise after school, and some rotary people she's hooked up with, Bristol (American), Ruth (Canadian) and Josh (Mexican), and we all bludged around for a while, went to her house, played Trionimoes, then went out to the train station at the other end of Linz (the big one...) to meet another rotary, australian girl, who's Josh's girlfriend. (can't think in English or German at the moment, so excuse me please!).. Lots of funny moments. Went to Karaoke. Small room. Lots of smokers. Not many open windows. By the time Elise and I got up to sing our duet (Tainted Love) we were so hoarse... blergh blergh blergh!!! Everyone seemed to be having lots of fun though, Magdalena reassured us that they weren't typical examples of Austrian people though. Very glad about that!! It was an interesting group of people - one 'liberated' woman, an interesting love triangle where the women seemed as interested in each other as the slightly intoxicated man. Everyone else was relativlely normal, but those four people kinda overpowered the others a little!!! Was good fun though. Got into the singing, which surprised me (normally I'm not much of a karaoke singer, just a watcher! Mabe it was knowing people couldn't hear me...)

After that, we went back and stayed the night at Elise's, four of us (Josh and girlfriend didn't come karaoking) into her tiny room, me on a couple of blankets (I was a last minute addition, wasn't too keen on staying at Magdalena's in the end..:!)...

Bristol is very... American (sorry Meredith, you aren't American in the sense I mean it) - just like an American in the movies (not the fashionable people though... slightly grungy...) and Ruth is quite funny... Didn't feel fuly comfortable though, not sure why... Would have preferred to have been with my school friends. That's ok though...

Blah blah blah, need to start writing my list of things to write about again - have no idea what else I had to say...

Will think of more later, so will update again, but with piccies of my class and stuff - have to do that at home!

Hope all is good with everyone... Great to hear from people I've heard from (there are replies coming to the letters that have been sent to me - I'm sending them when I'm done here, so expect them next week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment