Friday 1 April 2005

Some random comments!

It's 10 in the morning, I've alreaddy been to the gym, consumed a croissant and bottle of drinking yoghurt (yum, healthy brekkie!!), walked all over Linz but not been to school! Gym is a school subjet though, so I guess that almost counts! They've got French at the mo, thoguht it was better use of time for me to update! I think it's german next, so that's another waste of time, but better go!!

Tonight going to the karaoke party, but before that get to go and watch my class give presentations in English about their recent trip to London... Could be funny!!

My host family has a very funny cat (well, they've got three, but this one is my favourite) that actually likes having its tummy scratched, just like a dog! I've never met a cat that enjoyed that before, or that would roll over, tummy up...!! Very funny but random!

There was an ad on tv, around christmas for Lamb, bagging out Vegetarians. Apparently there was great coverage of it here, because Australian vegetarians were all unhappy with it, saying they felt discriminated against... The Austrians think it was a serious attack on vegos, had to explain that it was a joke, and that I hadn't heard about uproar in my own country... Anyone know anything about this (personally I thought it was quite a funny ad!)

HAd school photos taken a couple of weeks ago, the organising lady, who arranged us and stuff was South African. Never heard someone sound so relieved to meet an Engilsh speaking person before - she' been here for 3 years of something, prolly doesn't meet that many native speakers... was funny though... one of those little things!

It's SOOOOO peaceful i nthe area where I live. Went for a walk last night, before sunset (I actually wanted to wach that, but took forever to get there, and I got sick of walking...) and it was a beautiful afternoon, pure blue skies, birds singing, people, music, general peaceful sounds. Took lots of pics, will put them on once I get round to working out how to do that at home!

The gym wego to is funny. It's very upper market, with matching equipment, wooden floors, silly music (miss Triple J, they've only really got
I love being in LInz way before school, all the bakeries are open, with delicious things, I often don't eat brekkie at home, because it's all strange bread and strange jam which just doesn't do me for breakfsa (although there are also cornflakes) and it's jsut too early at 6:30... My current favourite is a yummy croissant from Ring Bakeries (they've got millions of chain bakeries here), with bacon (well ham type stuff) and I think cheese. Nice and healthy...!!! Like a cheese and bac roll, but with the contents on the inside of flaky pastry... Yummmmm!!!

Finally found decent juice! They water it down, we had a hillirious lunchtime, when I finally made a comment on preparing juice like strong cordial, think it's too sweet otherwise...!! Anyway, impossible to buy pure, sugar and water and preservative free juice in small bottles, but I found 1L cartons, with pulp. Lovely. Got some strange looks when I was sitting on the train driking straight from the carton...

Saw Crossroads (with Britney Spears, ahhhh!) a couple of nights ago. OUt of 30 tvchannels, that was the best thing that was one (Tuesdays aren't great for tv), but I was surprised and how good it was, in a terrible way. Was actually bearable. May have been the fact that I didn't really understand much of what was actually said that helpoed, but you know! Last night watched a movie with Daniel Brühl (guy from Goodbye Lenin) called Schule, he definately only acts one cahracter, that was the third movies I've seen with him, and he had a very similar character!! Was alright, dunno what it was about, but not bad!! There is something slightly strange about watching sex scenes with host parents though... especially when your host mother enjoys things like the OC, and finds all the crude humour funny...

Erika C (sister) is in hospital from an infected ingrown toenail, apparently her leg was all swollen, and he's on drips and stuff, so prayer there is good... Owwwwwwwwwwa (they say OWa here!)

Gotta go.

1 comment:

  1. you know, reading your blog really is kinda like talking with you, imo. It's a bit bizarre, but funky. ...
    i'm home all alone tonight, as my family are all in Sydney (coming back tomorrow morning). 'tis kinda weird being home without them, as I haven't seen them for more than a week now - i've been at a Guide seminar in Brisbane since Good friday. So i still have most of my easter chocs left, and no one but me to eat them!!
    and continuing on the topic of food, keep on enjoying all those yummy austrian bakery treats for me, won't you?!
    anyway, gtg, so cya! luv imo k.

    ReplyDelete