Wednesday 20 April 2005

I've introduced my family to Tim Tams

Only now you might ask, but the first lot, that I brought with me were consumed by my class as a demonstration of typical aussie food... Mum sent me a couple mroe packets, and I'd say the posties had been trying to work out what was i nthe package of stuff, because they were a little crushsed, and had been a little warmer than recommende for chocolate (although they were still completely edible). I don't know what my fmaily thought about them, but the're all gone, and I didn't eat them all...

I'm abandoning my diary for you guys (actually, I've never been great at the diary thing), and much prefer to write about what's going on here for everyone to read (if anything happens that I don't want people to know about, I'll write it in my diary, but really, the likelyhood of that). Would anyone like the job of Blog printer? I want to keep my blogs, since they are my primary diary entries at th mo, but can't print them here easily. Would someone like to take on the responsibility? I don't care how often you do it, as long as all written ones get printed (don't need the pics though) and kept... Ta heaps whoever sticks up their hand and says 'pick me, pick me'

Plus City... Sorry, got so distracted about Kate's drama that I forgot to describe it! Plus City is BIG! It's got heaps of shops, mainly clothes, but I saw a computer shop, and there was a music/dvd shop that could be my home (it's quite lucky that Austria is a diffrent dvd zone to Australia, although I'm very sad about the loss of one of my favourite hobbies...). This shop was MASSIVE, alhtough the Australian section had 3 cds, all of 'traditional music' - digeridoos, folk songs and that kind of thing... I suspect the good AUssie music was stuck somewhere else. Speaking of Aussie music, I think I'm going to have to give a presentation on Australian music to my class for my music marks, and me knowing so much about music in general, could use some help! Don't know if I have to or not, but if anyone feels like making me a cd of decent aussie music, and sending it over, I#ll be very grateful (need new music anyway) and any info would be great too... I can give my postal address to anyone who wants it, mail is always fun to receive! The class has a very bad feeling about aussie music now though, because in English we had to listen to a song by Eric Bogle and John someone about Claire dying in Sydney and it was a little dodgey...

Anyway, Plus City, very cool, lots of shops, and I've found the Target equivalent here, H&M, and most of the stuff I bought came from there, even though we visited almost everywhere else... They have so many shoes here! Everyone wears converse all star shoes (lik the really old shoes, ummm, vans and stuff I think) and there are some very pretty ones, I'm considering getting some. Don't really know what else to say about PLus City, except it was big and fun!

In the movie we saw on Sunday night, Ein Koala-Bär Allein zu Haus, the boy looked exaclty like a hobbit - he had the square jaw, the longish curly hair, even wore the three quarter overalls over a long sleeve shirt and frolicked in the grass at one stage... IF the Germans need a hobbit, there he is..!

Yesterday it rained. It was cold and wet all day, which was fine, but so were my socks. I forgot about the puddles when I had to quickly put on my shoes, and by the time I got the meeting place for our lift into LInz, my shoes and socks were fairly wet. Bit squelchy.... I made up a German poem about it though... This is quite legit to say, google just translates it funnily!

Ich möchte (oder will) trocken socken

Am I the next Goethe or what...!!! Anyway, today I wore my boots, so I felt tall all day, but had dry feet (although it only started raining about 1/2 an hour ago, and it'now 8 at night...!)

They're doing psyco things with the trains, well train lines I suspect, so we all have to get off the train at Rottenegg and go by bus the rest of the way (two stops for me), ahich is ok, although I had to ask strangers what was going on yesteday, and i understood when they explained in german!! The scarier bit is getting too school, which I think I'm going to have to do by train soon beucase Michi finishes school tomorrow, and I've been getting a lift in with him and friend most days... For going into Linzz have to wait at the bus stop for the bus to take us too Rottenegg, but i don't entirely know how we know what is our bus... ahh well, it'll all work out!

Here's a map by the way of where I live, click on the zoom in cross and then the red cross with pesenbachweg blah blah blah next to it, and you can zoom in on my little wohndorf! My station is Gerling, which you can see there (when you zoom in!) and the actual St Martin town is a fair distance away! Will add the link to my links list too! MY HOUSE!!!! Click here!!

Must be off now though, been on here too long already, having a german conversation with a mexican... (rotary student)which takes concentration, and have to get away from that!!! Nah, just kidding, but do have to go! Have a good one, and peaswe someone take me up on my offers for more postcards (that'll be the rewartds of ayone who offers to print out,or make me a nice cd - more than the obligatory birthday postcard!)

1 comment:

  1. I am printing them out anyway, for Granny. No problem! Sandals coming.

    ReplyDelete