Wednesday 27 April 2005

These computers suck!

But I want to do some 'structural work' on my blog, so don't want to spend millions of hours on the internet at home, doig that and writing this! I have to answers to the quiz, will put them up then too - will just add them into the quiz, but this computer puts it all into silly writing if i click on the 'edit' button!

Thanks Kate for the weather update, ta whoever for the completely random gothic question, no you don't get teh 50c back....

Did you know they've found a new fruit? I found out when I was juice shopping! Looked along teh shelf, 100% orange juice, 100% pineapple juice, 100% orange with pulp, 100% Apple, 100% cloudy apple, 100% multi vitamin... yep - I can gt photographic evidence if you don't believe me... alhtough i'm sure that if you look it up, the brank is Rauch (smoke in German, i thought that was funny!) and I'm sure tehy'd list it if you're really that bored...!!

Finished Harry POtter! YIPPEEE! Went looking for hte enxt one yesterday, but only have the first and most recent inthe bookshop... Will go and look again (was scared they'd ask me if I needed help if i stayed too long - never sure if they're asking am I ok, or do i need help, so never sure what the answer should be!) Might read Hitchhikers Guide next though, although that was also disappeared, found it in English, the special movie edition, but not in german - the others were tehere though...

This morning on the train the Donau was amazing. The line goes rigt along the edge of the river, although away from it sometiems, and as we came to it for the firs time, I seriously felt as though (a) I was in a plane looking down through all the clouds (b) staniding on top of a cliff looking at the foamy sea below (c) on top of mount wellington looking closely at the snow on the ground. The river was filled with lumps of foam, as thoguh someone had used their bath babbles in it, and it was so foggy we couldn't see the other side. The result was that it looked like the actual water was just air, and the foam was the clouds or whatever... Hard to describe, but very special!

My class is amzing with the bludgin thing and the cheating thing. They always make tiny photo copies of relevant information for cheat sheets in tests (illegaly), write the stuff on the desks or, as was tried this morning, in small writing at te bottom of the board! teehee! I still get amazed however when they'll be chatting away, in class, the teacher will tell them to be quiet, they'll look at him, then go STRAIGHT back to the loud raucous conversation. No waiting for a while like normal people do... I can't believe it, feel so sorry for the teacher after a while!

Went to a Catholic baptism on Saturday, very intersting - I'm used to baptisms being part of hte normal sunday service, where the whole congragation is there, plus family and friends, but thi was just a private occasion for invitees only. Little MIchi was pased around after and we all had to cross his forehead (I think i did the cross stroke the wrong way though, but I'm sure Jesus didn't complain his cross bar was the wrong way around or anything). Then we all went for a massive lunch at the same place as a few weeks ago. Was good, I tried Cordon Bleu, very yummy (white meat, layer of ham, cheese all crumbed) I always thought it was a fishy thing, but there you go...!

They get SO many public holidays here! Have Christifährt (day of acension) and mothers day next week, plus just a rrandom day off, which means only 2 days of school! For the next month or so, every week has at least one day off!

Looks like no probs with the doing stuff with Michaela and Rose thing. Talked to Magdalena briefly yesterday, and all I have to do is check there's no visa issues, and check with my family! Otherwise she can see no problems! Hooray!

That's all on my list, but I'll be back later adding a couple of structure things (I think, at elast a good proverb i found) so may add more then, including a pic of my fingernails...! I find my artistic side when I'm bored I think

1 comment:

  1. my hat it has 3 corners
    3 corners has my hat
    and had it not 3 corners
    it would not be my hat.

    ReplyDelete