Saturday 23 April 2005

I got a library card!

Hooray! Now I can borrow books, and because I'm under 19, I get them for free! That's right, here you hve to pay 50c per book after you turn 19... bit weird, but anyway! that's good though!

Just had lunh at Maria's, she invited me after school. Her parents are divorced (her dad lives out somewhere, with a new wife and three kids, I'm being taken to visit them sometime!), so it's just Maria and her mum, Sabine. I don't know if I#d be able to cope with living with just one parent, without any siblings or anything... Anyway, she did the thing of I'm sorry the house is such a mess (they've just moved down from the top floor of the block of apartmenst (one of those really cool old blocks, with winding stairs and stuff) so any mess coauld be excused, but really I don't care!). I've been told to organise to go for lunch sometime soon, and I'll be cooked a proper Austrian lunch, rather than the (yummy) mishmash we got today - I thought it was fine...!!

Anyway, that's all...! PLayed dodgeball in pe today, too cold to go running, but I din't know what was going on at first, because I'd never played it that way before! Got the hang of it soon enough though!

4 comments:

  1. do you get the 50c back if you bring the book back or do you pay 50c?
    who would of thought I'd ask a D&M question?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi imo i thought id leave a comment to
    a) Prove ive been loyal to ur blog
    b) Make me feel like a good friend
    and
    c) Waste more time before im so sleepy i pass out

    YAY
    mmmm i am quite sleepy come to think of it
    here is the news in hobart
    a) the pope has died
    b) it is anzac day
    c) some alderman bit another alderman
    d) michael jackson: still in court
    e) michael jackson jokes: still not old
    f) mmmmm the swells for tomorrow are Westerly winds 5 to 15 knots, locally 20 knots off Tasman Island, with weak inshore afternoon sea breezes. Seas to 1.5 metres. Southerly swell to 1.5 metres.
    So not much chop
    g) Im still bored and at home
    h) Your still in Austria
    i) Oh my family ate saurkraut and kranskies the other day to celebrate me mentioning u ate them (and of course our dutch heritage hurray) i had fish and steamed vegetables in protest
    j) Is still the tenth letter of the alphabet
    k) Tim tams taste best particularly when u are given two packets as a 'get well soon' gift (get well soon yeh right like u would if u get two packets of timtams!)
    l) time for me to go to bed because ive passed K - the most important letter of the alphabet.

    luuvv katie the bored and sleepy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a question to answer your question

    Taking the castle of otranto as your example, outline the main conventions of the Gothic novel, and show how your knowledge of these conventions affects your reading of Northanger Abbey. Is Northanger Abbey most accuratly described as parody of the Gothic genre, or is there a more complicated relationship going on?

    Your answers only need to be 1500 words long with 150 words either way.

    Have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes indeed the weather is dandy although the water is hot in bali at least thats how it feels for some ozzie blokies who were caught with DRUGSDRUGSDRUGS on themselves.
    which is just exciting cos we prayed for them on sunday.
    and hutchins small groups.
    (another thing we prayed about)
    went to the year 12 play tonight and maddie reminded me of u and i started crying cos i missed u and had to run to the toilets to stop my nose.
    its all true except the crying and running and nose bit.
    but the play was this murder mystery "tiptoe through the tombstones" or something (look it up when you're bored).
    anyway i should probably get to bed but since i have careers day tomorrow i dont know if i'll bother being there before midday.
    i think i might be a commercial pilot :) thats what i decided last year. i dont think anyone will come to talk about pharmacy so STUFFDAT.
    whups this should be a comment under ur next post except well i started reading these comments and they were exciting and i thought what better to do than compete with the lyrical genius of katiekatekate and protector of the sea and anonymous.
    ohhhhhh no matt just signed in and i'll get in trouble for still being awake :(
    TUTTA

    ReplyDelete